Location: Saudi Arabia
Job Description and Requirements
- To provide HSE support to all TSY teams and TSY sub-contractors Line 6.
- To ensure that HSE risks are identified, assessed and managed for all project activities in order to ensure that a safe and high quality project execution and delivery is achieved at the Project sites.
- To provide timely and accurate HSE advice to other TSY HSE departments if required.
- To liaise between the TSY HSE Dept. and TSY teams and sub-contractors and assist in cascading TSY HSE initiatives to the sub-contractor site teams.
|Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
The job holder is responsible for:
- Ensuring that all TSY project work activities are implemented in accordance with the AZDP and Corporate HSE Policies and Procedures and Safety Construction best practices where applicable.
- Assist the Contract Holder when required, to ensure that all TSY sub-contractors comply with the timely submissions of the necessary data for preparation of the TSY Monthly HSSE Statistics.
- Considering ways for continuous improvement of HSE performance of TSY Construction departments and contractors project realisation activities.
- Coordinating internal communications and relations with TSY staff regarding HSE subject matter.
- Providing advice and whenever necessary hands on support to the sub-contractors in such activities as Job Hazard Analysis, Risk Assessment, environmental monitoring and Incident Investigation and analysis.
- Participate in conducting Site HSE inspections and any other HSE related inspections within their individual capabilities, e.g. Pre mobilisation vessel inspections, sub-contractor Field Camp Inspections etc.
- Participate in Incident Investigations and using his experience and knowledge to provide advice to assist the Contractor and Incident Owner in compiling an accurate report with achievable recommendations.
- Assisting the local contractors Site HSE and Site Construction Managers and Supervisors in the effective HSE management of their Project work areas.
- When required, conducting site Golden Rules Compliance audits and inspections together with the writing of reports and close out of corrective actions.
- Participating in the review of sub-contractor Risk Assessments, Method Statements and Permit To Work (PTW) documentation for organization and contractors and ensuring their adherence to safe and good working practices.
- Assistance to sub-contractors in developing and writing Site Work Instructions, Standard Operating Procedures, Emergency Response Plans, procedures.
- Hold regular HSE meetings with sub-contractors and document the resulting discussions and action points.
- Providing advice on diverse safety issues relating to all aspects of all construction, equipment and safe systems of work
- Assisting in the development of emergency response procedures and drills with sub-contractor HSE management, close-out of corrective actions arising from all HSE activities.
- Conducting HSE Inductions to visitors or sub-contractor staff when necessary.
- Develop the ability of sub-contractor HSE officers and Site Managers to perform effective Tool Box Talks at the Project work areas.
- Develop Office staff and the sub-contractor personnel awareness and involvement in Behavioural Based Safety Initiatives such as the SAFE-R card system.
- Show an aptitude to work in a rotational position requiring strong communication and planning with the post’s alternative employee.
|Qualifications & Experience:
HSE Engineer must have:
- A good working knowledge of the HSE Codes, Standards and Labour Safety requirements of the KSA applicable to Contractor construction and project work areas.
- Experience in understanding the application of a Company HSSE and SP Framework, its main policies and its procedures.
- A good ability to read, write, understand and explain English versions of HSE documentation, and be able to effectively share the information with others, in particular national staff;
- At least 3 years experience in a similar role.
- Conversant with basic computer applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc) with good verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
HSE Engineer should have:
- A higher education diploma in Health and Safety Management or a technical discipline. It is preferred that he/she has a good working knowledge of civil construction works and the environmental protection matters relating to construction engineering. Minimum of 5 years in construction projects ideally previously worked in a multi cultural environment.
- Proficiency in English, plus Arabic.
- A previous similar company role, especially in interfacing with a major Contractor would be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of HSE information systems of work and reporting systems and ability to establish and maintain them.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and ability to create friendly working environment.
- The ability to work alone unsupervised or as an effective member of a team.
- Good Management skills and self motivated and able to motivate others by example.
- The ability to deputise for the TSY HSE Senior / Lead Engineer during periods of his absence. When required supporting the TSY HSE Senior / Lead Engineer in his duties.
To apply please click the link: https://jobsearch.alstom.com/job/Riyadh-EHS-Engineer-01/345597101/
DISCLAIMER: Contents/images from this website is not owned by mejobsonline.com. We are just job portal sharing. Content and materials belong to the respective owner. If you are the owner and you want to remove these ads from our site, contact us at email@example.com